Saturday, August 28, 2010

Change is good...right?

I've officially been wearing the hijab for a week now and it feels great alhamdulilah :) I've just moved back into residence for my fourth and final year inshallah. We are getting ready for all first-year students to move in (tomorrow) and it's going to be a hectic but fun-filled week inshallah! There have been a few moments where people didn't recognize me but for the most part it doesn't feel like much has changed (since before I started wearing the hijab). The 'newness' is starting to wear off a little and I am okay with that. Aside from all the excitement of orientation week, it has been a rough few days for me.


I've just received news that a very close friend of mine wants to spend a year overseas for work. It may not seem like such a big thing but this friend has been my support system for a while and I've almost grown dependent on them. I keep convincing myself that change (although hard) is good. We should be in constant pursuit of improvement which often requires change. But this is different, or at least it feels that way. I guess I've always been up for change because alhamdulilah I have a good support system around me (including my family and friends) but when someone is taken out of that system...it goes out of balance.  I no longer feel like I am strong enough to do all the things I aspire to because something is missing.


It's funny because everyone always comments on how 'confident' I am. I think I only have that confidence in myself thanks to those who have confidence in me. What I really need to work on is rebuilding my own strength, and being more self-sufficient inshallah.


Sincerely,


A Muslimah

4 comments:

  1. You know how it is... surround yourself with positive people who believe in you and that confidence in yourself will always be maintained. Those people definitely contribute to your level of confidence but it's also because you *know* you will succeed at anything you put your mind to, regardless of whether you feel something or someone is missing at a given time. You just gotta remind yourself of that right now; everything will fall into place the way it's meant to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww :* Hope they come back soon, and May Allah always give you incredible strength and surround you with people you love and who help you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. masha allah, you got confidence in yourself.

    making Du'a and "positive thinking" is my strength to overcome temperory dificulties.because every setbacks and difficulties are temperory.

    my prayers for your happy life.
    Q.

    ReplyDelete