Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 3: Keep your hopes high, your expectations low, and your minds open.

Never take someone for granted because they may surprise you.

It's funny how you go on life expecting things from certain people. For instance, no matter what, I expect my parents to love me. And if someone consistently lets me down, I assume they will continue to do so. And I assume that my friends will always be there. But it doesn't always work out that way now does it?
So instead of being hurt, let down, or judgemental, I am going to start making a conscious effort to remind myself that everything happens for a reason. It could be a test, or maybe it's an opportunity to turn to Allah for guidance or help, but there is a reason and we should try to take comfort in that. Have some faith.

Allah SWT has willed for those things to happen, and He has a reason.

So keep your hopes high,  your expectations low, and your minds open.

Sincerely,

A Muslimah

No comments:

Post a Comment